The Blood Corridor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghostface
Admin
Ghostface

The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread Empty
PostSubject: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 pm

The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread 220px-NightmareOnElmStreetBoxSetSide

The franchise is based on the fictional character Freddy Krueger, who stalks and kills teenagers in their dreams. If Freddy kills the teenager in the dream world then they are killed in the real world. His motives were to seek revenge on their parents, who had burned him alive.

Please discuss the franchise in here.
Back to top Go down
https://bloodcorridor.forumotion.com
Dirty Gertie
Survivor
Dirty Gertie

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 am

My love for this series usually goes in this order:
1, 3, 4 interchanges with 2, New Nightmare - which sometimes skips into third place depending on my mood, 5 then 6. If I was throwing Freddy Vs Jason in there it would be in front of New Nightmare - possibly even 2. No I'm not kidding!

I thought about that far too much...x
Back to top Go down
Ghostface
Admin
Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm

I used to like New Nightmare a lot when I was younger but over the years, the film just doesn;t hold up well despite the far ahead of its time premise. Dream Warriors would probably be my favorite and I actually think Freddy's Revenge was decent, since it was the first film that ever scared the crap out of me when I was young.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Gertie
Survivor
Dirty Gertie

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Freddy's Revenge I have appreciated a lot more as I've got older. I think after loving the first one it was such a shift in tone.... especially one I surprisingly didn't pick up on as a kid but that's going to be my defense - too innocent to get the homo-erotic slant, which I now love!
Back to top Go down
Ghostface
Admin
Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Dirty Gertie wrote:
Freddy's Revenge I have appreciated a lot more as I've got older. I think after loving the first one it was such a shift in tone.... especially one I surprisingly didn't pick up on as a kid but that's going to be my defense - too innocent to get the homo-erotic slant, which I now love!

Yeah the tone of the franchise did a huge turn when Freddy's Revenge was released. It went from straight up suspense horror to comedic horror elements.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Gertie
Survivor
Dirty Gertie

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

Jesse has grown on me though but I do prefer a girl vs Freddy. Nancy, obviously, but I really did like Alice and Kristen with the power to bring people into the nightmare. While I liked in 2 that the girl still saves the day Jesse doesn't really successfully battle Freddy at all, which feels like a bit of a cop out.
Back to top Go down
Ghostface
Admin
Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Dirty Gertie wrote:
Jesse has grown on me though but I do prefer a girl vs Freddy. Nancy, obviously, but I really did like Alice and Kristen with the power to bring people into the nightmare. While I liked in 2 that the girl still saves the day Jesse doesn't really successfully battle Freddy at all, which feels like a bit of a cop out.

I believe Jesse had it the worst out of them all though since Freddy was inside his body and would rip him apart when it was his time to come out.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Gertie
Survivor
Dirty Gertie

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Ghostface wrote:
Dirty Gertie wrote:

I believe Jesse had it the worst out of them all though since Freddy was inside his body and would rip him apart when it was his time to come out.
Well I'm sure everyone's been there at one time or another... hahaha. ;P
Back to top Go down
Flapjax
Victim
Flapjax

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Snoop B slappen douhn dat beotch Fruudy Crover's azz.

Hoodz O Horrorz B wez buter den dat nitezmared shiznit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread   The official 'Nightmare on Elm Street' Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1